We have flu vaccinations available; please call the practice to book your appointment.
Having a flu vaccine does not give you the flu and it is safe to have a vaccine.
Please ensure that you are eligible for a flu vaccine before attending the surgery for your flu jab. For any queries, please contact the practice. It is very important that you book the correct clinic for your age as there are different vaccines for under 65s and over 65s.
Patients that are eligible for the flu vaccine are:
- Those aged 65 years and older (on date of vaccination)
- Those aged six months to under 65 years in clinical risk groups
- Pregnant women
- Patients in long-stay residential care homes
- Children aged 2 and 3 on 31 August 2019
- Children in primary schools (reception and school years 1 to 6)
- Those with close contacts to people with compromised immune systems
- Frontline health or social care workers
Following on from above, the clinical at risk groups are as follows:
- Lung, heart, kidney, liver & neurological diseases
- Suppressed immunity
- BMI of 40 or above